AMMO Scholarship Program
The association of Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters (AMMO) is proud to be able to offer scholarships to the youth of the Mackenzie River Valley. We want to show our support for the local economy and invest in the future of the NWT. AMMO is offering four (4) scholarships to youth from the DehCho, Sahtu, or Inuvik/Delta regions.
Eligible students must be graduating from grade 12 or have completed their first year of post-secondary education and planning on pursuing careers in wildlife management, aviation, or as a professional guide or outfitter. The successful applicants will receive $2,500.00 each to aid in their post-secondary education.
To be eligible
- The AMMO scholarship competition is open to all grade 12 graduating students from communities of the Mackenzie River Valley. You must be planning a career in the fields mentioned above and be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution, or an AMMO-approved guide school or flight school. Students who have already completed their first year of post-secondary education in the chosen fields will also be considered. Scholarships will be awarded during the first semester once proof of enrollment has been provided.
- Applicants must be planning on pursuing a career in some aspect of wildlife management, aviation, or as a guide. For example wildlife biologist, research biologist, habitat biologist, forest technician, conservation officer, pilot flight training, or professional guide or outfitter.
All applicants must provide:
- Expression of interest to the AMMO scholarship committee. This should include your interest in wildlife management and a description of any past experience involving wildlife or wildlife management, or any work-related experience in the outdoors, and a brief description of what makes you a good candidate.
- Completed AMMO scholarship application.
- Letter of reference from a teacher, principal, counselor, or instructor.
- Short 500-word essay on your views on wildlife management and hunting in the NWT.
Applications can be emailed to:
ATTN: Scholarship Committee.
Or mailed to:
Association of Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters
PO Box 59
Norman Wells NT, X0E 0V0
Application deadline May 31
All finalists will be contacted by a member of the AMMO scholarship committee. Winners will be chosen by the committee panel. AMMO reserves the right to publicize the scholarship winners and their pictures.